Colombia Flag

Colombia Flag

Friday, December 3, 2010

Colombian Schools

When you think of Colombia what do you think of? Probably two types of schools, public and private, or maybe that they just speak Spanish there. The truth is that they have four types of schools and they speak Spanish and English. The four types of schools they have are religious, countryside, public, and rural. As you can see, Colombia schools are almost completely different from U.S schools. We have some common things, but we have more unlike things. For example, we have an average of about 15 to 20 students while Colombian schools have 30 to 45 students. Another example is that we have only two main schools (public and private).

I pretty much love the schools in Colombia, even though I never went to one. I love them because their school days are short, and they have longer breaks. Also, they start school in February. There are some things I dislike about Colombian schools. One thing I dislike about them is that their classes are very crowded. Other than that, I can't of anything else to dislike about Colombian schools.

Now that I think of it, I love the rich schools in Colombia, but what about the poor schools. I still kind of like the poor schools, but there not that great. If you go to a poor school, usually the teachers come and find you and bring you to school because you can't afford to go to private (Religious) schools.

So that's what I think of Colombian schools. If you forgot, I love rich Colombian schools, and I like poor Colombian schools. You now also know some similarity's and differences between U.S schools and Colombian schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment